Tank top systems
Approximately 1 out of every 6th beer produced worldwide has been processed in a tank equipped with one of Alfa Laval’s specially designed brewery tank top plate assemblies. A top plate assembly is a machined solid-stainless-steel plate outfitted with practically all the necessary tank safety equipment for mounting on the top of a pressurized beer tank.
Cost-effective centralized placing of the tank top plate assembly, designed to fit your needs
- Better tank insulation at lower costs
- Easy and straightforward installation at low costs
- Simple and safe operation
- Easy access and low maintenance
- Cleaning-In-Place of all parts
The equipment on the top plate assembly provides the following functions:
- Compensation with gas for the change in liquid volume during filling and emptying (allowing the change in liquid volume by gas filling or escape)
- Control of the tank top pressure
- Protection against uncontrolled overpressure or vacuum
- Cleaning of the tank and associated equipment
How it works
Delivering quality on time every time
This video illustrates how Alfa Laval designs and produces its high-quality Tank Top Plates. Alfa Laval SCANDI BREW Tank Top Systems are used in breweries to protect fermentation and storage tanks against vacuum or overfilling.